News: Apple Releases iOS 6.0.1
Just a little while ago, Apple released iOS 6.0.1, an update that mostly includes bug fixes, especially in the context of the iPhone 5. It is available via iTunes or over-the-air, although the iPhone 5 and fifth-generation iPod touch also require another update first to allow over-the-air updates to work properly. The complete update process took about 6 minutes to download and install on our test iPhone 5.
Apple’s update information lists specific changes:
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
The update is available for the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (fourth- & fifth-generation), and iPad (2, third-, & fourth-generation).